Sunday, November 25, 2012

Legoland

The best part about being married to a teacher is not the manual pencil sharpener that is attached to my garage workbench, doing FHE on an overhead projector or even having to raise my hand to ask what time Jacob will be home for dinner.  No, the best thing is definitely all the time off together we get around the holidays.   And Friday we made very good use of our time and hit Legoland.  Not to make anyone jealous, but the only reason we went is because we got four free ticket coupons in the mail.  ???!?!?  I was just as confused as you are probably right now.  I don't know what magical mailing list we are on or why we got them, but we aren't the "let's look a big ol' gift horse right in the grill" kinda people, so we took our coupons and had an awesome day.  A few pics...



Riding Island in the Sky together.  Cindy's favorite ride. Seriously.



Star Wars Miniland is now open!  Maggie, we finally we get our own picture with the Millennium Falcon :)


A rare photo of Jacob...



I know that Legoland is not Disney, but I was a little surprised that this was pretty much the only Christmas decoration in the entire park.  Still cool, though.



TIME OUT FOR A LEGOLAND LUKE QUICKIE
Luke went on every roller coaster or ride that he was tall enough for.   Which is still quite puzzling to me, but after Jacob took him off to ride things that were too scary for Cindy, I asked him about what his favorite ride was.  He told me about one roller coaster that was really fun and kinda scary because "at the end it was going down and made my face go like this!"  (see above photo).  But yet he never freaks out. I love it!


If you want to know what kind of rides Cindy will ride, well, this is pretty much her speed.  I can hear Luke now, "Izma, put your hands in the air!"



Jacob got to do the spinning stuff....

To the stocks!


And now, a photo ensemble of the many glorious faces of Cindy Sweeney:



Those right there are Apple Fries served with whipped cream.  Tasty!



And finally...



It takes an act of congress to get Jacob to take a picture, but I finally got the bill passed with a majority in the house and he agreed to pose with me out in front of Legoland as we were leaving.  Luke was our little photographer and after it took him almost half a century to line up the shot  and push the button, Cindy, who was hiding somewhere behind us, jumped out and ran through my picture like Pee Wee Herman on his bike through a Hollywood movie.  I was so ticked.  And am currently plotting my revenge....

1 comment:

Mags said...

Wow, Jacob even smiled and Cindy stole that thunder too. ;-) Glad you got your Star Wars pictures.