Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Luke Quickie

Last night we got to have a fire in the backyard!  But I also decided to firmly cement my status of 'World's Coolest Mom' so we also cooked our dinner on the fire.  I made up a few foil dinners and then got some hot dogs AND actual hot dog buns.  (If you know me, we NEVER get to use actual hot dog buns.  Bread folded in half only.)  What was this, Memorial Day?!  The foil dinners turned out great and after I cooked up a hot dog to the point that you could hear it juicily cooking on the stick, I handed it over to Luke, who brought the hot dog near his nose, inhaled and then dreamily said, "Ahhhh, this smells just like it was cooked in the microwave!"  Which was followed by Jacob asking me, "Where did we go wrong?"

In other Luke news, his report card had the following message from the teacher:



And now this is the official song of Luke Sweeney:

2 comments:

Linnley Marie said...

ha ha ha!!! Can't stop laughing. Luke is a hoot! The song fits perfectly with Luke. Also, I don't know what Luke would do at our house, we don't have a microwave, he'd have to get used to hot dogs cooking over the stove or a fire ha ha.

SEan said...

Luke sounds just like me when I was in Grade School! I kid you not - a teacher literally yelled at me for daydreaming!