Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hodge-Podgeyness

I think I have discovered that once soccer season starts, time goes by at a factor multiplied by 7.  Every time I turn around another week has gone by.  So in the interest of catching you (and me) up on everything that has happened over the last few days....


For Halloween we were able to download the very popular computer game "Plants vs. Zombies" for free. My children have been up and dressed for school amazingly fast every morning just so they can play a few games before school.  I admit that even I have really gotten addicted to it.  This game is a favorite of their Grandpa Sweeney, so when he comes back in December for a few days, the kids are dying to show him how much they have progressed since they last time they played together.  Hypno-mushroom?  Fog lamp?  Death rake?  Tangle Kelp?  Potato Mine?  Yeah, we got all those now....


They actually sit like this every morning.


Thursday night after Cindy's softball game her coach made good on his promise to buy the whole team ice cream if any of them ever caught a fly ball to make an out.  This happened for the first time on Monday night, however it also happened on Tuesday and then again on Thursday when Cindy was playing catcher and caught a whizzing backward pop fly with her cat-like reflexes.  It was pretty incredible!  The other team's coach ran in to give her a high-five and at the end of the game he gave her a York Peppermint Patty.  Cindy will do anything for candy or chocolate.


Cute girls- Cindy, Taylor, Ashlynn and Catfish.


So you know how a pitcher in the major leagues always hopes of pitching a 'perfect game'?  Well, as a DJ, on Saturday night, I did the "perfect reception."  I almost feel the need to retire now just because it was so good.  It just came together so well.  The location was good, I was prepared, the crowd was just the right size, the bride and groom didn't overdo their expectations-  it was totally magical.  I got a bazillion compliments (tooting my own horn, sorry) and the food was great too.  Cindy came home with flowers, paper lanterns and belly full of cake and macaroni and cheese.   Total win-win in every way possible.  One of the reasons the music was so good was because of Mr. Buble.  He is the. best.   I have known this for a while, but I think I remembered it again that night that this is one of my favorite songs of all time:



Sunday was my mom's birthday!  She turned the big 6-0.  This was her first post-chemo/cancer birthday and I hope she has many, many more :)


 Also on Sunday a friend at church gave Luke an incredibly cool Darth Vader mask!  He pretty much wears this all the time now.  And what better way to play  R2D2 Trouble than while wearing a giant helmet that blocks your vision...  Just another day in the Sweeney house.




Yesterday I went to give blood and get my free movie tickets, but I failed the iron test.  Which means I didn't get any movie tickets but did walk away with getting two of my fingers stuck to draw the blood.  I HATE that!  Sigh.  


And finally, as if you didn't know, today is election day.  I already voted early last week and you know my feelings about our current President, but here is a secret about me;  I think I am actually much more of a libertarian.  So me and John Stossel see eye to eye on a lot of things.   Like this....






And finally, I made this pancake the other day.  





1 comment:

Mags said...

Haha! I agree with that video clip.