Monday, November 19, 2012

A Cindy Quickie

Yesterday night the kids were totally bored, so I decided to have mercy on their poor little souls and let them bake something.  The truth is that I would bake all the time with the kids, but I have ZERO self-control when it comes to goodies in the house and I would weigh 8 thousand tons if started baking up stuff every day, so it is a special treat when I cave. While sitting at the computer I told Cindy, "How about we make some banana bread?  We have a nasty banana over there that we need to use, right?"  She very, very excitedly told me, "I will go check!" and then ran like the wind into the kitchen.  And then I heard her singing very happily, "We do, we do, we do!"  And then she came back and got really close to my face and in a very low, raspy Clint Eastwood-like voice she said, "It's FILTHY..."  So I guess from now on we will call it Filthy Banana Pumpkin Bread.

And in case you want the recipe, you can find it here.  Just be sure to use pumpkin pie spice (not nutmeg and cloves) and add two hefty handfuls (use Hulk-sized hands) of chocolate chips :)

2 comments:

SEan said...

I can't remember where, but I remember a comedian joking about how we take old bananas and make banana bread. Why not take moldy bread and make moldy-bread bread.

SEan said...

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXO4q4lKtd4&t=1m22s