Monday, November 26, 2012

A Luke Quickie

Saturday night we had the kids write their letters to Santa.  Which is always fun after I have done all the Christmas shopping and they ask for absolutely nothing I got them :)  (They needed a little "reminding" of some gifts they may have forgotten they wanted.)  And in usual fashion, Luke was pretty much copying everything Cindy put in her letter.  His sheep-like qualities are sometimes incredibly frustrating.  So the first item on Luke's list is a Nintendo DS. Cindy has asked for this for three years in a row.  Which makes NO sense because we have two Ipod touches and a tablet.  Her chances of actually receiving that are about as good a snowball's chance in my microwave.  But sure as the sun comes up every morning, Luke also put a Nintendo DS as his number one choice.  I was so exasperated upon seeing this I said to him, "Why are you putting that??!  Do you even know what a DS is?"  To which he replied, "No, but I just really want to see what it looks like!"  I scolded Cindy after that for being a bad example, and then she muttered, "I hate being the oldest."  And that was the most magical Santa letter-writing session we ever had :)

No comments: