Sunday, October 7, 2012

Career Day

This past Friday was Career Day for the Kindergartners at South McKeel.  Back when Cindy was that old she REFUSED to participate in Career Day.  I could not convince her with any sort of bribery or reward in the entire world.  She simply would have none of that nonsense.  I am not quite sure why she was so against it, although it probably had something to do with the fact that "princesses and fairies [were] not acceptable career day options."  Thus far in his short life, Luke has never really before expressed any opinion on what he wants to be when he grows up, so I was curious to see what he would choose for Career Day.  He described it as a "worker guy that makes buildings."  I interpreted that as a construction worker, but whenever I suggested borrowing some fake tools or putting on a tool belt, he was very adamant that he did not need those.  So I guess he wants to be an "ark-tuh-teck."  Thanks to Ben Bailey for letting us borrow the hat and thanks to my mom's magical craft armoire that always seems to have the one thing I need.  This time is was rolled blue paper for Luke's blueprint of "the Church."  And I was very proud of Luke for not freaking out when I put a pencil behind his ear.  It  just made the outfit, you know?


1 comment:

Linnley Marie said...

Smart Kid. Very good costume! The pencil really made it!