Monday, October 15, 2012

America's Pastime, While Watching A Baseball Game

As I mentioned in the last post, while I was with Cindy at her softball game on Thursday night, my parents took Luke to his t-ball game.  My dad was texting me updates during the evening.  Here are my favorites:


"1st inning...Luke catches a fly at second base...a dragon fly, unfortunately"

"Still first inning....Luke slides in safe.....at the pitcher's mound"

"Luke is now playing the field and playing in the hole....no, seriously, he's playing in a hole"

"Luke just skinned his elbow sliding into the pitcher's mound....classic"

"He finally covered third when the ball was hit....well, fell over and completely covered third, anyway"

"Luke at bat, solid single to the middle....he's standing on first with his hands out, surfing...."

"Just got lapped while running home....the run will count because the scorekeeper was laughing..."

Kinda makes you wish you were there, huh?


And also, I would like to announce that Friday was crazy hat day, so we finally got some extra mileage out of previous Halloween costumes and t-ball hats.



2 comments:

Mags said...

I miss your dad as his quick wit.

Linnley Marie said...

OH man!! I wish I was at that game!!! Luke is such a character. I love it. Laughing so hard. Luke is the best!