Friday, October 12, 2012

A Cindy Softball Quickie

Both the kids had games last night, so with the help of my parents we divided and conquered.  And I finally remembered to take some pictures of Cindy.  Her team is a bit inexperienced, shall we say, so I have to remind Cindy that this is just about having fun and giving thanks for the 5-run rule.  Which is our team's greatest defensive weapon so far :)

The funniest part of the night was right after their teams' first time playing the field.  Our coach had just made a huge announcement that if anyone was able to catch a fly ball and make an out, he would buy the entire team ice cream!!  (Sadly, it's a pretty safe bet.)  However, the girls were all squealing as visions of McFlurries danced in their heads.  When the inning was over (and no one had caught a fly ball despite a few good opportunities) Cindy slipped through the dug out to come and talk to me.  She had been playing outfield and seemed very miffed.  She sat down next to me and said, "Did you hear what coach just promised us??  Ugggh!!!  It's like they aren't even TRYING up there!!!"  Coach has no idea what he's done.   In the mean time- pictures!


Warming up with her awesome arm.




On deck...





First up was an RBI double!



Sadly, she was left on base when 3 outs came :(



Second up was this great hit, however, it was foul.  And then she struck out :(



The after-game pep talk.  Coach Spears is actually a great guy, Cindy hangs on his every word.  Even when it doesn't involve ice cream.


I did ask Cindy if she actually likes softball enough to really practice and play and keep this going.  She said yes!  Sweet.  Now I have to erase the fact that she knows I quit softball to dance for 6 years.....

1 comment:

Mags said...

Haha! My mom was sick of dance. So when we moved away from Florida, I was put into sports. Softball ended up dominating my life until I joined the Church. Dance crept back into my life in the form of one of my kids dancing. Your life is opposite of mine right now. weirdly awesome in a way....