Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Cindy Quickie

Cindy has been learning about the Titanic at school and she has been sharing with me some of the interesting information she has learned.  Maggie, I am sure you can relate to this :)  I even pulled up a documentary on Netflix for her to watch this morning.  On the way to school she was telling me about a submarine expedition that went to the wreck and some of the artifacts they were able to recover- things like suitcases, paper money, dishes, parts of the ship, etc.  For a minute I was very entranced in thinking about just how cool it really is to be able to see things that were actually on that ship!  I mused aloud, "Wow, wouldn't you have liked to have been there?"  Cindy replied, "Well, not for the iceberg part, but for everything else, yeah."

(image from here)

1 comment:

Mags said...

I can TOTALLY relate! My kids are past that phase now but it lasted for quite awhile last year. There is a Magic Treehouse book that is about the Titanic as well. 'Tonight on the Titanic' #17, beyond that, we hit up the non fiction section of the library to sate their thirst in needing to know. It is really fun when they grab a topic and launch into being self learners.