Thursday, August 12, 2010

Biscuit Battle

Spontaneity got the best of Jacob and I earlier today, so we hopped in the car and decided to try biscuits from three fast food places and declare a winner. I am just as surprised as you are, my friend. Here is what we got:

(Sorry, no actual pictures. Spontaneity is the enemy of preparedness.)

Contestant #1- KFC



I have eaten biscuits from KFC about a thousand times, but we needed to be thorough! I liked the overall flavor, but their biscuits are a little heavy. It needed to be more like me; flakey.

Contestant #2- Church's

Continuing to prove our thoroughness, we then went to Church's chicken in North Lakeland, a place that white people usually don't venture. But, it was well worth it. I had had their biscuits only once before, with my dad in a similar attempt to get great chicken and not get shot at the same time. Those biscuits are much lighter, have crispier edges, and have some sort of mysterious sweet glaze stuff on the top that makes them totally delicious without any butter. And the chicken nuggets the kids got were mighty tasty!

Contestant #3- Popeye's


I really don't think I have ever eaten at Popeye's before. There is one just up the road from Church's, so we ordered three and they were not half bad. They are very similar to the KFC biscuit, only flatter, perfectly round, and incredibly salty. If I didn't have high blood pressure before I ate those, I do now.


So the winner would have to be Church's, then Popeye's, then KFC. It really is a shame there is not a Church's chicken somewhere closer. And safer. And next to a police station. Overlooked by a Mormon temple. I would eat there all the time :)

No comments: