Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Musings of Cindy Sweeney

Every morning on the way to school I have to drive through the middle school bus stop at the end of my street. I say "through" the bus stop, because literally these dummy teen boys who are waiting for their bus stand in the middle of the road every morning. They like to do stupid things like pretend they are throwing things across the street as I drive by or pretend that they are holding some sort of rope across the road in front of my car and I am going to hit it. Worse yet, they scream like 6-year-old girls as loud as they can whenever they horse around. They are just really obnoxious. And, of course, they always look at me like I am the weirdo who is driving a car, in the street, of all places! Seriously, I am thinking of attaching cattle prods to the front of Rocket. Anyway, this morning as I was voicing my opinion of them out loud in the car, I said "Well, one day I am just going to have to hit them with the car. And then maybe they won't act like monkeys in the road." Cindy just got really quiet for a while. Then finally she spoke up and quietly said, "Mom, I know those boys need to learn their lesson, but do we really have to hit them with our car? Because I really don't want to." Awwh, isn't that sweet? I still plan to run them over if needs be, but sweet nonetheless :)


P.S. So I was just checking to see what day I had to be done with my 30 projects. Yeah, it's this Wednesday. Gah! But, I have made the list of my remaining projects, I have already done a few that I have just not posted yet, and in the end I am pretty sure, that like the little Engine that could, 'I think I can' get it all done. I am hard at work making a display board for the Stake Relief Society Women's Conference on Saturday, so when that is complete, I can re-focus my attention back on my own stuff. It's gonna be one for the record books! Or something like that...

2 comments:

Karin said...

:) Gotta love Cindy!!!

Unknown said...

That girl is precious. However, one question: would it be ok to hit them with someone else's car? Just a musing of Christina. :)