Friday, February 27, 2009

A perfect 10 on the creepiness scale

I am obssessed with coupons. I buy the Sunday paper every week and scour through all the ads and special deals at least twice. As I was doing the actual clipping of the coupons yesterday however, I happened upon the pages of the coupon inserts that deal with full page ads for widely assorted ridiculous "things" you can buy- "things" such as imported Hawaiian flower starts, Betty Boop checks, leisure suits, the commemorative Barack Obama silver coin, the Nascar clock and matching lamp, portable fireplaces made by miniature mountain carpenters-you know, all that crazy weird stuff that you can't believe someone actually decided to make and sell? Well, yesterday I learned that one of the "things" I could buy, was Little Umi and she is, and I quote, "A collectible orangutan baby doll you have to see to believe, and the first-ever So Truly Real® baby monkey doll!" Yes, it is a porcelain orangutan, wearing baby clothes and it comes with a pacifier. NOT making this up. Seriously, who is buying this item? What's worse, is that you can make PAYMENTS to own her! She is $140 total, but for $28/month, she can be yours. Don't get me wrong, I love monkeys. I used to collect stuffed ones when I was younger, but this is just creepy. And if you have one of these, please don't tell me.



Besides, I am saving my money for one of these things, I am still deciding which one:

There is the chihuahua taco stand holder thing....



The hair protecter for when I eat my ramen noodles and they get a little unruly...



The plug in phone handset for my cell phone. I don't know, I am really kinda liking this one...



Awh, heck, we all know I am gonna get the Snuggie!



Oh, wait, that's not right. Here, this is MUCH better...

1 comment:

Karin said...

I think you should definately go for the hair Ramen thing. Too cool. Can I come over for dinner and watch you wear it?
PS--I saw one of those blanket things in Walgreens the other day and thought of you! :)