Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Finally!

I have been wanting to take out these palms by our front door for a while now, but I knew I would need Jacob's help and we just haven't had the motivation to get out there and finally do it. However, we got the proper motivation when our pest control guy, Todd (who is worthy of a blog post dedicated to just him, he is so funny) told us that our ant problem in the kitchen was in part due to the fact that we had ants coming out of the palms in question and that the ants were crawling up the front of the house and over to the window to get in.

So last Saturday Jacob got out there and took them down! (Now I just need Todd to tell me that adding a rockin' swingset for the kids in the backyard would take care of any roaches...) I would have helped, but I had been up with Luke all the night before and was barely conscious enough to know my own name. I asked Jacob what kinds of things crawled out of there- because, come on, there had to be a small family of something living in that jungly mass! All he said was something about a very large, very strange bug. All the more reason to get rid of those things! Anyway, all I need now are some pavers and some potted shade plants- but not until this arctic 60 degree weather is over with :)

No comments: