Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cindy's Words of Wisdom

So we were reading in the Book of Mormon the other day with Cindy, as we are want to do, and we were in Mosiah where King Benjamin was addressing his people. In his discourse he talks about the responsibilities of parents- things like teaching your kids about Jesus, not letting them quarrel with one another, and lastly not letting your children go hungry. Jacob was reading that night and after he read that, he said to Cindy "Did you know that? It is our job to make sure you have food to eat so that you don't go hungry." She reacted only mildly to this information. However, yesterday I was on the computer and she came in to tell me that she was hungry. I told her to wait a minute until I was done. She waited about 5 minutes and then finally she had had enough. She said to me "Don't you remember that King Benjamin said you cannot starve your children!? Huh, remember??" I guess she is listening after all.

And finally, just to prove that she is indeed SUCH a girl, I told her on Sunday that I had bought her a new white shirt to wear to church with her skirt I made for her. She was distraught. She absolutely had a complete and total meltdown about having to wear a white shirt. Through her tears and crying she finally told me that she didn't want to wear white because "it is not a color in the rainbow." Waaaaa!!!!