Thursday, February 19, 2009

You know that little voice?

The one in your head that says, "Mmmm, it's awfully quiet in here. I should go and see what the kids are up to." Yeah, lesson one of motherhood is OBEY THE VOICE, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS GOOD AND HOLY, OBEY THE VOICE! I just disobeyed the voice and found Luke with a Sharpie 'decorating' not only the hallway wall, but Cindy's dollhouse, doll furniture (including each individual step of the staircase), her desk, and the TV screen itself. What I am still not understanding is that Cindy was watching the television AT THE TIME! (The second thing I don't understand is how Luke manages to repeatedly find so many Sharpies in this house, yet it would take an act of Congress for me to get my hands on one.) So let me simply utter a giantic "AAUUUUGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" and then I will quietly move on with my life...



At least last time it was only his own body...

2 comments:

badabinghams said...

Girl, I cant believe that! I am sure it will happen to me soon enough. :)

The Nelson's said...

Oh my gosh!! Well, my daughter hasn't found sharpies yet (thank goodness), but she has decorated her new furniture with crayons, pencils and pens. Thank heaven for the magic eraser! Good luck with the sharpie!