Sunday, February 15, 2009

Experience #2- Volunteer at My Child's School

I have never had this experience yet simply because I needed to acutally have a kid in school to do it and now I finally do! So on Friday I got the opportunity to help all morning in Cindy's preschool class. It was their Valentine's party and I was there to help with all the different activities they had going on.

I first helped each child dress up in a mailman costume and deliver their Valentine's to each of their friends' "mailbox". They were all so cute and it was fun to help them recognize the letters in the names and match them up. Plus, they all had such cute Valentines! From the store bought to the homemade- no one brought the same thing, I was totally amazed. I then helped with snacktime, then got to play the "monster" under the slide at recess, then we helped with different centers where they made crafts, played Valentine Bingo, Candyland, Memory or got to read books- Cindy has no idea what an amazing preschool she goes to. It is absolutely the BEST. (And I am a little afraid she is going to be sorely disappointed with public school Kindergarten :(



And to top it all off at the end of the morning, they did a short Valentine's program of cute little songs they learned. I don't quite know what came over Cindy, but instead of her usual shy, preoccupied singing, she sang so loud and was so animated that towards the end it became comical to all the parents, myself included. It was a riot! Most of the time she is so shy, but that day she came alive. Who would have guessed? Certainly not me. So here is Cindy singing her worship song with all her gusto! Notice how she needs to hide behind her friends to take a bow at the end (?) Anyway, enjoy!

1 comment:

Karin said...

What a fun day! I am glad you had a great time. Our children loved watching Cindy sing. :)