Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What's in a name?

Well, a lot, I guess. We were talking to Cindy last night about names and how we all have the same last name and Jacob mentioned to her that her REAL name is actually Cynthia. This was like a total revelation to her, you could have knocked her over with a feather. She kept smiling and saying how beautiful that name was and that she wanted us to call her that from now on. It was pretty funny. I wondered if it would last at all, and sure enough this morning when she got up and came out to the breakfast table, complete with half open eyes and total bed head, I said to Luke, "Look, it's Cindy!" And she immediately said, "No, it's Cynthia!" However, memory fatigue is setting in as of late because she keeps asking me, "What's my other name again??" "Oh, yeah, I forgot..." So Cindy, Cynthia or CJ, whichever it is, is having fun with names as I look at her right now, also chocolate. Her lunch plate consists of 4 Hershey kisses and a little debbie choco-cake. I am such a good mom.

No comments: