Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ever heard of a Cannondale?


Me neither. Not until I did some research into road bikes. (These are the bikes that serious people use in a triathlon. Not the purple Huffy mountain bikes they got when they were 12. These are the bikes that cost more than a car...) So Cannondale is pretty much one of the best brands out there for road bikes. And it just so happens that a guy in the bishopric in the other ward gave me one to use for the race. That is pretty much like someone saying "Hey, I hear you need to drive from one end of town to the other, you can borrow my Ferrari." All he told me was, "I think you will really like it." UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR. Wow, I went out with Jacob riding and totally destroyed him. It wasn't even close. (okay, not totally sure if it was the bike or whether maybe he was pedaling with one leg and one arm or what, but he was reallly far behind me the entire time.) AND, the best part is that I was not even really trying! It is so light,I can lift this bike with one arm into the bed of the truck. My other bike takes a forklift and certification classes to move it. It is really amazing. The seat remains excruciatingly uncomfortable, but a small price to pay in return for triathlon glory!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Ahhh, my friend. It sounds like you need some of those squishy pants! When is the race again??? I know people.