Sunday, August 31, 2008

Faith is like a little seed

About a month ago Cindy had decided to plant a sunflower out in the mysterious depths of our overgrown summer weed garden. She actually planted many, many seeds that day (most of which I did not see their final resting place), but only one of the seeds took root and started to grow pretty big. Pretty big in my garden dictionary means about 2 1/2 feet tall. (Not like the "pretty big" meaning in the Jen Barnes gardening dictionary which means 'taller than a Geico Caveman'). Anywhow, we had been checking the flower everyday waiting for it to bloom and it was taking so long. Finally, one day Cindy was out prancing in the garden and then she came in and told me in her most lovely Giselle voice, "Mom, I was talking to the sunflower and it said it would bloom in 6 days!!!" I told her that was wonderful and we would keep watching for it and wouldn't you know that six days later that thing bloomed! It was simply amazing. Makes me stop and think :) And then buy ten lottery tickets and have her pick my numbers. The jackpot is at 20 million right now.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Dude.. That's a totally different varitiy than mine... a little freaky-weird about the 6 day thing though. Pick up a lottery ticket for me too.