Friday, August 29, 2008

October-fuss


So I know it is not technically even September yet, but I am alreay trying to decide on a Halloween costume for Luke. Last year's King outfit was pretty amazing, and I had that little gem of an idea mined back in the previous June. Not sure if I can top that this year. The age he is at is particularly tricky because there are a few rules I have to follow to ensure success. First off, no hats. He can't keep one on his head to save his life (they are way too interesting) so that can't be part of the costume. Secondly, it must have shoes that look like cows. I realize this drastically limits my options, but work with me here. Third, make-up is out. I can see that turning into one huge mess that all the wet ones in the world couldn't clean up. Fourth, it can't bee too hot. Florida is still acheiving about an 85 degree high in late October, so not real keen on anything furry, zip-up, or fleece. So yeah, pretty much other than those little rules, the sky is the limit! Let your imagination by your guide. I have visited several Halloween costume websites that give you tons of ideas and so far "Pile of Leaves" and "Macaroni and Cheese" have gotten my attention. Truth be told I would love to make him a Chef, complete with a little apron, wooden spoon (which is his favorite toy anyway), flour on his face, white chef's hat WITH chin strap. But the hat rule would be violated and that really makes the outfit. Maybe it is time to start his hat training! I do have almost 2 months. Now where do you get a chef's hat that small? They must make them, I mean even Ratatouille has one. I'm on the case! Film at 11...

1 comment:

DeAnne said...

Well as you know my children-absolutely every last ungrateful one of them - will all advise you to NOT listen to any of my halloween ideas.

However, I will proceed....he would make such a cute marshmellow! Or maybe even a M&M...or Oreo...if you could get some really small doctors surgery clothes...he would make a great doctor!