Friday, August 1, 2008

Flour Power


Cindy has an obsession with flour. I don't know why, but everytime I get it out to make anything, she wants to eat it, and play in it and marry it if she could. She is convinced every time that it is going to taste good. Well, as I was mixing up some cookies, I hear her in the bathroom sounding like she is going to cough up a lung. She finally comes out and she is covered in flour, her eyes are watery and red, and when she grimaced at me I could see her mouth full of gooey white stuff just coating her teeth. It was like eating paper mache. She looked a little grossed out and I began telling her again why we don't eat flour. So after almost choking to death and coughing for another solid 30 minutes, she finally chilled out and, while we were eating the cookies we made, she said, "You're right Mom, I guess we shouldn't eat flour." We'll see if she remembers that little tidbit of advice the next time we bake.

Second Cindy story of the day: While on the way home from Lithia Springs, I was carpooling with my friend Michelle and her kids. Her oldest son, Cory, who is 6, asked Cindy when Luke was going to turn 2. Cindy thought about it and said, "I think on his second birthday..." Nice answer- totally accurate, but completely useless.

1 comment:

Kt said...

Cindy is mind kind of gal...