Thursday, August 8, 2013

Captain's Log

Today while I was typing up medical notes, I was reading a few older ones to familiarize myself with the format a little more and I came across a note that said a patient was coming in to see the doctor because he hurt his knee after he "slipped on a banana."  I am not making this up.  Oddly enough his name was Wile E. Coyote.  I was also loving the 73 year old man who "plays kickball 4 to 5 times a week" who also happens to have the exact same name as his first name and last name.  Again, I am not making this up.  And that is how I spend my time at work.

As for the time not at work, well, it looks like this:

Monday night we hit the Ice Cream Factory, which is actually an awesome little place in the worst location here in Lakeland; next to Staples on South Florida Ave.  Not a great place right now but still, awesome ice cream.  Jacob got butter pecan with fudge and it was "the best ice cream he ever tasted."  I got something called Garbage Can, which is vanilla with "pieces of 7 different name brand candy bars"- and I think I got half a Baby Ruth in my second bite.  Amazing.  And here is Luke taking a lick of his Superman!  And that is about all he ate of it because I am starting to think that Luke doesn't actually like ice cream.  He just likes to hold it and let drip down his elbow and stain his pants.










Tuesday we did a little melty beads and Luke fell asleep with his gumball machine in his hands. He was looking pretty spooky, eh?






Wednesday we went out to eat and at the end of dinner, Jacob, like a true Sweeney, dared Cindy to drink a giant ramekin of mustard.  For $5.  And she did it!  Without throwing up!



And what did she do with her prize?  She bought 'As Seen On TV' hair chalk.  It was a dream come true.  For her.





And finally, I also discovered who Luke reminds me of:




SQUINTS!

No comments: