Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Warning: Sanibel Picture Overload

Since my childrens' school does not participate in early release days, we always get two extra days off from school each year that no one else gets.  Nanner, nanner!  Last year we used it to go to Sanibel Island with my parents, and this year we did the same.  I already put some of these pictures on Facebook, but, Mom and Dad, these are for you!  Thanks for all you did.  It is a grand tradition I hope we keep for many years to come :)


We found a ton of shells again this year.  Here is a good shot of the "sand" at Sanibel.  The first thing I did when I got to the beach on Friday morning was get a shell sliver in my foot, which I had to dig out with a needle on Saturday morning.  That was a first!




Look at those monster waves!
Great shot, Mom!


Finally got my "name-in-the-sand" shot of Luke.

Giddyup, Grandpa!


There were actually quite a few dolphins out that morning that we were able to see pretty close to where we were.  Cindy was completely freaking out and kept saying it was the best day of her life!  Of course it was :)



I'll be honest, I had totally forgot about seagull punching until we got on the beach and Cindy was ready with her fists.  It always brings a smile to my face and reminds me of Brian and Kelly :)

Even Dad had some really nice punches.  And he landed a plane successfully as well.
See? I told you!




Taking a break
I took this picture of the backseat on the way to the beach on Friday morning.  I am completely confused by what is going on here.



Dog surfer!!!


Another excellent seagull punch!
I was bored and this is what I captured.

Mom's sandcastle. I give it a 9.5


A rare picture of Cindy smiling naturally

The shadows are in all the wrong places here, but I do love this picture.
Right when I was taking this picture my mom says (in her best Alabama accent): "Lieutenant Dan, Lieutenant Dan!"


Friday night we hit the Red Robin!  BONZAI Burger!!!

We took the kids mini golfing and they were overjoyed!



Cutest little cheater I ever did see.

This was a really nice golf course.  A little pricey, but you could tell those high prices cut down on the riff-raff and destruction.





I was taking this picture and at the exact moment I pushed the button, my mom hit her ball down the green and it got caught under the part of my sandal that was hanging over the edge of the brick on which I was standing.  It happens, right?  Well, this did happen right after we just gave Luke a giant lecture about being off the green because his club stopped one of Grandpa's balls from a nice ricochet.  Sorry, Mom. But I still creamed everyone anyway, so I didn't matter in the long run :)

Mr. Hole-in-One as we know him.  He got two of those bad boys and was pretty happy :)


I think I really need a duck door.  There were two very large white ducks that live in the golf course pond, so I am thinking that the old man that runs the place probably feeds them and they actually use that door to go inside to see him.  If I build it, they will come, right?







These were two of the signs on the course.  They actually had a bunch of funny and random things posted throughout.  I like their sense of humor.  One sign said, "If you had a good experience here, tell a friend.  If not, tell a foe."  Which I am thinking is my new motto for Sweeneyville....


No comments: