Monday, May 27, 2013

A Luke Quickie

Last night we watched Pirates of the Caribbean with the kids.  We warned them ahead of time that there were going to be parts where they should close their eyes because some of the skeleton special effects might be a little too intense for them.  So as the movie progressed we would tell them to close their eyes and they would bury their faces into the sofa until we told them the coast was clear.  Towards the end of the movie, Luke buried his face into the sofa and then proceeded to fall asleep.  After the movie ended, I picked up his lifeless body and carried him to bed.  As I gently laid him down, he suddenly whispered really loud, "Mom, can I open my eyes now?"  I was so confused by this that it took me a minute to answer, "I guess so???" And then his eyes darted open, he stared at me really weird, and then he rolled over and went back to sleep.  In hindsight, I should have said no.  That was a huge risk.

No comments: