Friday, May 10, 2013

And now for something completely random....

There is a discount grocery store here in town that supports a local church ministry and all the proceeds help homeless people.  They sell pretty much everything from bread to bikes.  Most of the food is either dented or expired and all the other stuff is used or donated.  It is called...wait for it....."Wings of Eagles" and I absolutely love going in this place about every two weeks just to see what I can find.  I am completely addicted to the variety of strange and unusual things in there.  Yesterday was awesome because I found:  (drumroll please)   "Prune Butter" and "Squid Pieces in Ink Sauce."  I got both of them.  What? Did you miss the part where it helps the homeless?! Plus, I gotta be ready for all those Thanksgiving food drives this fall.



Special Events InformationI got a text from my Dad this morning and the Tampa Bay Rays have just had their cool factor hit stratospheric proportions.  Hear ye, hear ye, September 21, 2013 is officially "Star Wars Night" at Tropicana Field.  It says you can dress up, so I guess I better get my Admiral Ackbar costume dry cleaned in the next few months.  AND, had I only known sooner, the Rays are having Star Trek Night TONIGHT!  Seriously, who is in charge of promotions over at the Trop?  They need a high five.  And five days shore leave on Risa.


I don't know about you, but I think Florida is home to some of the most bizarre news headlines around.  Found this one on the Tampa Tribune last night.  An instant classic.  We don't need no stinkin' K-9 unit! Release the gator!!!

Read the whole, hilarious story here


Finally, we had Mother's Day Tea in Luke's class yesterday.  All the kids were asked to fill out a questionnaire about their Moms.  Here was what Luke came up with:




I will take being 32 years old :) He failed to mention that those hot dogs are sometimes octopus shaped.  
And  I may be busy doing my hair, but this awesomeness isn't going to do itself, okay?


My sweet boy :)

No comments: