Thursday, June 14, 2012

How I Spent Flag Day

I know everyone else out there probably spent the day reading about Betsy Ross, making flag fruit salad out of strawberries, jicama and blueberries and then singing You're A Grand Old Flag with all your neighbors at your annual Flag Day Block Party.  But we had other things on our agenda...

First, I scraped lots of glue off of the cement on my patio in order to begin laying tile. (Don't get jealous on me now...)  And why can't there ever be a summer where I DON'T have to lay tile? Hmmm?  Rosa is now in the backyard and in the next few weeks this room will actually be used for something!  
Yes way, Ted!






Then we all  had lunch at Firehouse Subs and this sandwich was awesome.  Go eat one as soon as you can.







Then we watched Spain beat the tar out of Ireland.  4-0 doesn't adequately express how awesome Spain is.  And I am not just saying that so Brian will send me the money he owes me.





Then we celebrated Jacob's birthday with a chocolate chip, Kit Kat, Ho-Ho cake.
(or Flaming Bonfire of  Flourishing Trumpet Torte as I like to call it...)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JACOB!  You are such a stud :)



And then I decided to make this patriotic rag wreath thingy.  Because I'm crafty like that. 
 And my laundry room door was naked.




And since you are all on pins and needles wondering what I did yesterday, well, we went to a reptile show and saw a 15 foot Albino Burmese Python named Jessica.  This fact was found to give great amusement to my children.  Me, not so much :)




No comments: