Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Brace Yourselves!

You are about to see something that will blow your mind.  Something so rare and extraordinary you might need to sit down.  I am now going to show you.....something I pinned on Pinterest....AND THEN ACTUALLY MADE.  I know you could be knocked over with a feather right now, but you gotta stay with me to see it.  My friend Davina pinned an idea the other day that I had to try.  It was a solution to the age old problem of your kids getting out 717 different cups in one day and then having to load all of them into the dishwasher while thinking of evil ways to make their lives miserable.  The basic idea is to make a coaster for each member of your family, glue them all to a wood board that stays on your kitchen counter, and then each person's cup has a home from breakfast to bedtime! It's so genius.  So after really thinking hard about what to make for our family, I came up with this bad boy:



Totally still trying to convince Cindy that she is the stormtrooper with a bow.  She is not buying it AT ALL. But for Pete's sake, it is about time I get to be Leia while Jacob is Han!

Plus, it looks even nerdier- I mean, COOLER when the cups start showing up....


  (And In case you were wondering, I used an old Star Wars paper calender for the pictures and did a little Mod Podge magic on the ten cent tiles from Lowe's.  And if you REALLY want your mind blown, the wood board is not actually wood, it is wood-shaped tile.  Yep, you read that correctly, it is a long ceramic tile that is shaped and textured to look like wood.  Coolest thing I have ever seen since this blog post.)

No comments: