Sunday, March 25, 2012

Off to Fight the Hottentots

You know what I love? Well, lots of things, really. Mini colanders, peanut butter on graham crackers, how whenever anyone insults Obama an angel gets its wings...But I digress! What I really love is hearing a certain line being sung in the movie Mary Poppins. Who else thinks it's awesome when Mrs. Banks, while robustly singing about women's voting rights, says the immortal phrase: "Though we adore men individually, we agree that as a group they're rather stupid." Eh?? It gets me every time! And it also proves once again that you could get away with anything in the 60s. Those really were the good old days.

1 comment:

findingme-mo😉 said...

The hottentots are my people. Khoisan. The dutch fought us 100 years.. the British used us to help fight the dutch. Disgusting dialogue considering the southern African indigenous people are still oppressed to this day thanks to indoctrination such as this