Friday, April 10, 2015

Go West: Part 1- Temples

As we are finally getting back into the swing of things after our vacation out to Arizona and Utah (and technically Nevada as well) I decided the only way to blog about our amazing adventure is to take it in bite size morsels, lest I get overwhelmed.  And lest I bore everyone to tears with my travel log. Although, it's never stopped me before so I don't know why it would stop me now.  


It wouldn't have been a true Sweeney trip without seeing some temples.  Boy oh boy, do the kids just LOVE driving around to see them!  Oh, the joy and elation they feel! (Where is that sarcasm font when I need it?) Well, too bad, kidlets!  There are almost 175 of these guys so get used to it.  This trip we knocked down six more, bringing our total to 22.  



The Sunday afternoon we spent in Scottsdale seemed like the perfect time to take a drive.  I cannot tell a lie:  it was hot.  I know, you are shocked at that news.  The desert is hot? Well, why didn't anyone tell us?!  



Phoenix Temple
This temple is way outside of town and apparently most of it is underground.






A random stranger offered to take this picture for us now and I love them for it.
I think was the only family picture of the entire trip!

Mesa, AZ

  



Well, except for this one.  Linnley was our photographer here and she did a fine job.  
Though most cameras fail to capture the amazing beauty of this temple.  It was truly stunning.

St. George, UT



This was officially our fist night time temple stop!  We saw it off the freeway as we drove up to Draper and so we make a quick, Chinese fire drill style visit.  This was the moment we realized that Utah was kind of cold.  We were all in shorts and tees so we were pretty much freezing and looked like complete tourists.  Just the way I like it!

I guess this is technically a family photo as well.  My memory is solid.
Payson, UT

  And just in case you can't see us, I have lightened up the picture just to prove we are really there.  





Our last stop was the Mt. Timpanogos temple.  This was the day after Cindy pulled an all-nighter with her cousin, so she was beyond thrilled to be a part of this trip ;)  



I don't think I will ever get tired of visiting temples.  I love to see them, I love how different they are, I love torturing my children-  they simply are the best :)

No comments: