Sunday, April 26, 2015

General Conference

Let it be noted that while we were out in Utah we got to attend LDS General Conference and Music and the Spoken Word in person.  I have actually been to Conference live one other time, but this was the first time for the kids.  I tried not to oversell it, as it was probably still just another meeting to them, but hopefully my excitement registered in their minds and will be part of their memories.


Thanks for that picture, Luke!


And thanks for that face, Cindy...


It was an amazing experience.
I got to hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  
I got to see Thomas S. Monson and the other apostles.
I got to hear Jeffrey R. Holland speak on Easter morning.   
And I got to sing "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" with 21,000 other people.  




And I also got to see Luke roll up his pant legs 10 times because it was apparently 
"very hot" in the Conference Center.  






It was actually still a little chilly that morning.  
Good thing I was wearing sandals and didn't bring a coat!  






It was funny listening to the protesters outside yelling at us while we waited in line.  Cindy was SO OFFENDED.  She was ready, and I quote, "to go over there and punch them in the face."  Hold  me back, hold me back!!!



It was a really amazing experience all the way around.  
And bonus, we even got to give away our two extra tickets to a nice return missionary-looking 
guy in the parking garage.  


We paid so much, how could we still be in the balcony?

No comments: