Thursday, August 21, 2014

Happily Ever After

Some have already seen these pictures on Facebook, but I need to put them in Sweeneyville where they will last forever.  On Tuesday my parents celebrated 40 years of marriage.  Which is only hard to believe from the standpoint that 40 years have actually occurred since they got married. It's craziness!!  Technically, they have known each other since they were somewhere about 8 years old. My dad told me one time that he knew he was going to marry my mom when he was about 14 or so?  He said it was at a combined youth activity (pool party) at a leader's house and that was the night he knew. (She was unaware of this revelation.) At least that is what he told me, so if that is not true dad, well, you got some 'splaining to do.





And now, 5 Things we learn from these photos:

1.  Brian now looks exactly my dad did back then.  Scary!
2.  My parent's wedding invitation is awesome.  If I had a do-over, I would choose that design.  It's simple, classy, it has a black and white photo included- I absolutely love it.
3.  My mom's hair in their engagement photo is pretty much my dream hairdo.  It's even more miraculous than my dad's hair.  Which, when you think about it, is pretty miraculous.
4.  People actually wore those tuxedos with ruffles in the front in real life and not just in movies!
5.  My parents were married on a Monday. A MONDAY. No one does that.


You might be cool, but not 'getting married on a Monday' cool.



No comments: