Saturday, January 19, 2013

Those Shoes Are Divine! No, Really


Today I went to the shoe store to look for another pair of shoes that I could wear to my new job.  I didn't want to, but I had to take the kids with me.  Don't get me wrong, I love my children and their company, but I mostly didn't want them to come with me because I knew that Cindy would end up trying on a gazillion pairs of shoes and end up falling in love with a pair that she would die without.  And that is exactly what happened.  The shoes of her dreams didn't have a tag on them anywhere, and after asking the associate how much they cost, the news was grim; $27 for a pair of patent leather, black, wedge heels with back strap.  Cindy was beyond devastated when I told her there was no way in my lifetime that I was going to buy them.  Weeping! Wailing! Gnashing of teeth!  It was bitter.  However, I thought that as a consolation to her that maybe we could stop by our local Goodwill on the way home and she could try on anything there she liked.  And on the very off chance she found something she really liked (and something that actually fit) maybe they would be cheap enough to splurge on.  Well, what do you know, we walked into Goodwill and looked at shoes and within 5 minutes she had found THE EXACT SAME PAIR OF SHOES in the exact same size.  For $8.  Someone up in heaven really loves Cindy :)

And to reward you for reading this story, I give you 5 shoe memes:

image


image

image


image




3 comments:

Linnley Marie said...

You bought high heels???

Mags said...

I was wondering the same...

Jessica said...

You mean, you are surprised I bought high heels for Cindy? Yeah, I consider them more like play shoes than anything :)