Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Luke Quickie

Luke has been hard at work on painting a watercolor picture of each of the Avengers.  Yesterday he was working on Hawkeye.  He was having a little trouble drawing him, so I decided to help a little, filling in certain parts and helping with some of the proportions.  The overall finished product was actually really good!  And when Jacob came home and saw it he asked, "Wow, who did this?"  I told him that Luke and I did it together and specifically I made mention that Luke did the head all by himself.  (Which he did and it looks impressive!)  Well, later on Luke was holding the picture and admiring his handiwork when all of a sudden his brow furrowed and he looked at me and asked, "If I did the head all by myself, then why does it look so good?"  Because you are awesome Luke, that's why :)

And as soon as all the paint dries on the collection, I will show you the pictures.  Today Luke put the finishing touches on Thor.  And now he said he is going to start on Star Wars and then Plants vs. Zombies.  Those watercolors were the best Christmas present idea. Nailed it!

2 comments:

Linnley Marie said...

Can't wait to see the final products! Such a creative artist :)

Linnley Marie said...

We want to have Luke paint our family portrait. We will send a picture to have him paint it :) and we will pay him $20 and he can spend it however he wants!