Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Luke Quickie

Just gotta announce real quick that I am now gainfully employed :)  I got a sweet part-time job working in a doctor's office for an orthopedic surgeon.  My hours are fairly flexible, I like the people I work with, I like what I get to do, so overall it is huge win in every sense of the word.  It was a huge blessing to find this job.  Big shout out to Lisa McKendrick for remembering that I was looking for one.  And thinking enough of me to give the referral :)

Also gotta say GO WILDCATS!  Tonight is day two of district playoffs for Jacob's high school team- win or go home.   Let's hope they win!  And then come home.  Before dinner gets cold.

Now back to business!

Two years ago I bought a game for our Xbox Kinect called Carnival Games.  It features about twenty different midway-style games the kids can play, like ring toss, a dunk tank, balloon dart pop, etc.  The game also features a carnival barker, who insults you from time to time while you are playing.  One of his insults during the milk bottle game is "I've seen better action at the Laundromat!"  The kids have heard this many, many times over the months that they have played this but the other day Jacob and I overheard Luke follow that insult with, "Ugh!!  What IS a laundromat?!?!!"  No wonder the insults don't work on him!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! Congrats on the new job, I'm glad you found something that will work