Thursday, January 31, 2013

Back For More


Yesterday Cindy and I went to Disney again to use up the last remaining day on a three-time pass.  It was truly the best day at Disney I have ever had in my entire life.  Ever.  The weather was so sunny and gorgeous, I didn't have to wear pants and we only had to relent and finally put on a hoodie right as we were watching the fireworks at 8pm. Just to clarify, I was wearing capris, I was not without bottoms.

The best way to show you the day is always with pictures.  So if you want a long, boring post about a day where you were not involved whatsoever, read on!


I can honestly say she has been on this exact same horse 5 years in a row.



Cindy rides the carousel like a girl!  I ride it like a someone who doesn't get out much.  



Ever since Cindy learned that her Aunt Tara, somehow, at Disneyland, pulled out the Sword in the Stone, Cindy is OBSESSED with pulling out this one.  I am not sure that this one ever comes out???  
Nevertheless, she will never give up! Never surrender!

She even tried later that night....

Nope, still not gonna budge.   Guess we will just have to keep going back to keep trying :)



Most of the real reason that yesterday was so awesome was due to something else. I don't even know if I should be telling you this, but I am about to reveal an amazing secret.  An amazing secret about Disney World.  Are you ready?  If you go the last week in January, you won't have to wait in line for anything.  
Just a little tip for anyone out there thinking of visiting one day.   So as you can see, this was the scene on It's  Small World, which was running a negative wait time and the boats were going mostly empty.  
Which makes for excellent leg room, apparently.


Did we do the teacups?  Four times.


By the way, I went and had my teeth whitening done last weekend.  This pictures shows it a little.  I guess I already had pretty white teeth, so it's not a huge difference, but I like it.  And since Cindy actually told me that my teeth were "glowing" while riding Peter Pan's Magic Flight, I guess in a small way I have been elevated to Ross Gellar status ;)



Did we do International Raceway?  Twice.




Will Cindy actually ever get her real driver's license? As a public service, not until she is forty.


Did we get asked a few times to take the timer card to the front of the line?  
Yep.  Cindy asks, "Do I have to do everything around here?"


























Did we ride the Jungle Cruise?  Oh yeah.  And Did they ask Cindy to be the guest skipper and drive it through the dark and scary tunnel?  Yes they did.  She was so excited.  And terrified of crashing and killing everyone.  But, would you believe she drove it as well as the regular driver???? Whaaaaat?   And here is a bit of trivia for you:  My dad's lifelong retirement dream job is being a Jungle Cruise driver.  Would he be perfect for that or what?  He seriously has to check into that one day...


Did we ride the Mississippi style steamboat?  Yes, Cindy loves this ride almost as much as the people mover.  And that is saying something!  But like the people mover, it is all about the sitting down :)




I was also thinking that this trip to Magic Kingdom would pretty much be the same as most of the times we had gone before, but we managed to find a lot of new things this time around.  Like....


The Swiss Family Robinson Tree House!  Come and dance with Roberter!




Meeting Merida from Brave.....

Her accent and hair were spot on!


Meeting Rapunzel and Jasmine....



We had met Tinkerbell in the past....

But we also got to meet her sister, Periwinkle, this time.



What can I say? I have a thing for Native American guys....


So my report on the new Fantasyland is as follows:  While some of it is open, most of it really isn't.  What is open is Storytime with Belle (a show), Be Our Guest Dining Hall (a restaurant), Gaston's Tavern (a snack bar), some other gift shop and then Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Which is an actual ride and had zero line each time we went so we didn't even get to spend much time admiring all the craftsmanship of the outside!  But it was right up there with all the other Disney awesomeness.  Of course.


That waterfall is going to make a lot of people very, very happy this summer.


You can see Rapunzel's tower over the construction wall here.  
The Snow White mine car roller coaster looks like it is going to be a big deal too.



I will definitely tolerate the people mover at the end of the day when the sun is going down and I need to sit and take a break for a bit.  Cindy would ride it all day long if she could.  So weird!




Me and my crazy eyes!!! And my waffle/Nutella/fruit sandwich.  I told Cindy I wish I had had candles with me.  I would have lit them and had everyone sing, because that was a cake and an entire day fit for a most excellent 34th Birthday :)









1 comment:

Mags said...

Late January-February and also Late September-October are the really slow times. That shouldn't have changed from when I was there. I already have Zeke convinced that when we do actually get down there that we work it for February. Our kids have a mid-winter break in February. Take that week and one extra for kicks and we have ourselves a stellar sunny vacation. Now come one Carly, hit 44" faster....We will see you all in about 5 years or so? LOL