Tuesday, November 22, 2011

And This is Why I Live Here


Yesterday Jacob and I drove to Clermont and did a little jetskiing on their chain of lakes. It was sunny with a high of 84 :) I didn't think to bring my good camera along (on account of it possibly taking a swim), so I only managed a few shots with my camera phone- which does an okay job when you compare it with the option of having nothing to show for yourself. We had an absolute blast! Despite discovering that jetskiiing, like car trips, makes me a little motion sick unless I am the driver. Who knew?


Here is Jacob driving off after leaving me on a random dock. I decided to let Jacob have 30 minutes to himself on the jetski to drive like a maniac without the threat of me tossing my cookies in his general area. And hey, how about them clouds? They were excellent for shape searching. I saw a dragon and a cow.


Yes, Brian, those are still the sunglasses from Spain you gave me. They are the best!


We did this because Jacob had never done it before and I thought it would be a fun way to spend our Thanksgiving break. Oh, and I got it for a screamin' deal on Groupon. And speaking of Groupon...



TOP TEN LEAST POPULAR GROUPON OFFERS


10. $20 for $5 worth of pizza
9. Half Off Integrity for Dummies course taught by Joe Paterno
8. 50% off a three-night stay in an Occupy Wall Street tent
7. 2 for 1 admissions to World of Wolverines Petting Zoo
6. Half off self-guided tour of the Clinton Obama "Grope 'n' Hope" Museum
5. $40 off six sessions of teeth yellowing
5. Buy one get one free on any entree at International House of Haggis
4. $10 for $30 worth of gerbil shoes
3. $25 off whole house lint removal
2. 2 for 1 gift baskets at Squids, Mollusks and More
1. Half off dog shellacking

(thanks to Dad and Dave for your input :)

And get ready! Because tomorrow I will be giving out awards for items received in this year's annual county food drive!! It really is the most wonderful time of the year :)

No comments: