Monday, October 31, 2011

Have a Spooktacular Day!

Since my kids already dressed up and did a big trick-or-treating/fall festival shindig up at our church this past Friday, I have to keep reminding myself that Halloween is not actually over yet and I still have to take them trick-or-treating tonight. Because if there is one thing we need around this house it is more candy! Our supply is running dangerously low, we only have maybe a 4-year supply and that ain't how we do things in Sweeneyville.

Cindy's costume was a big success this year. And even more successful were her Leia buns! I took all the advice of Internet tutorials everywhere and took two long socks, wrapped them in some nylon knee-highs and made Halloween history. Cindy was absolutely thrilled with her hair. She kept looking in the mirror and freaking out saying, "I look EXACTLY like her!! People are going to think I am the actual girl from the movie!!" It made all my sewing, re-sewing, hemming, and hood-making work worth it :) Here are a few pics from Friday night...


It's a little known fact, but Darth Vader wore his Spiderman shoes a lot for extra comfort when he was interrogating prisoners and force choking his crew.


Does Cindy work in a bakery, because her buns are incredible!



She's part of the rebel alliance and a traitor! But she has a blaster, so we can pretty much let her go...



Yes, I did even make her a hood. She owes me BIG TIME for that...


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

2 comments:

Dave said...

You did awesome!!!!! They both look wonderful!!!

Karin said...

They look fantastic! :) Have fun building your candy food storage tonight!