Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Right to Bare Arms

Okay, so my 30-day arm challenge was technically over about 5 days ago, but I really needed the chance to go lap swimming one more time before I posted pics.

So as far as a before picture is concerned, here ya go:



What? It is totally accurate. I was a spongy weakling.

And now, well, take a look for yourself!



In hindsight, maybe those human growth hormones weren't such a good idea.

Okay, okay, enough fooling around, here is my real arm:




It may not look like a lot, and the lighting in this picture suggests I am imprisoned in some sort of mental institution, but I think my 30 day experiment was a success. I mean, the feeling is what I was going for more than anything. I just wanted the squishy, flabby feeling to go away. And for the most part it did. Just lots of free weight exercises (3-8 lb weights), lots of work on the triceps, some push-ups, and swimming. Plus, I have concluded that freestyle swimming is the greatest arm exercise in the entire world. Which explains why I am horrible at it :) And most of the free weight exercise I did was at night while watching TV or talking to Jacob just before bedtime- maybe 20 mintues a night. Sometimes I did the weights while typing this blog. Multi-tasking at its finest!

Tomorrow I will post about the 30 Day challenge of writing Elder Sweeney. I have more news to share on that one- and it concerns all of you :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I've been working my arms, too. It is a great feeling, and I FEEL so much stronger. I just wish it LOOKED like yours. No such luck. I carry all my giant muscles under a double layer of blub. But that's a little okay because I KNOW I am strong underneath. Isn't it a great feeling?