Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lost in Translation

You know how you help your kids say their prayers when they are first learning? You say a phrase and then they repeat it? Well, Luke has decided to start calling an audible on some of the things I tell him to say. Not sure if he just thinks my suggestions are lame or maybe I just give him too much at once and he can't remember it all. But seriously, this kid is cracking me up! Here are the actual last few examples of his prayer translations:

Me: "Thank you for this day...."
Luke: "Please bless we can go to the new park...."

Me: '"Thank you for our blessings...."
Luke: "Please bless I can have a giant birthday cake..."

Me: "Help Luke to sleep good..."
Luke: "Please help Mom to be nice to Cindy..."

That last one hit a little too close to home.


And one more for the road:

We are doing some serious potty training around here this week. Yesterday Luke did so good and made it almost the whole day without an accident. At about 5pm I heard him go in the bathroom by himself, and when Jacob knocked on the bathroom door, Luke said he was going and didn't need help. Awesome! Then about 15 minutes later I noticed that his pants were all wet. I asked him, "Didn't you just go potty in the toilet?" And he said, "Yeah, but I didn't take my pants off." Noted. We will review the procedure for removing pants before sitting on the potty.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Another good laugh. It's nice to know that my kids are normal...either that, or we BOTH have crazy kids, and at least I'm not alone.

Karin said...

Luke--you are so awesome!!!! :)