Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Wise Observations of Cindy Sweeney

The other night Cindy and I were reading the book "Just Me and My Puppy" by Mercer Mayer. We have about 12 books in this Little Critter series and Cindy loves all of them. She especially loves this book because it is all about the adventures of owning a puppy; something she will never get to experience firsthand in her childhood. Anyway, towards the end of this book we got to this page:



The best part about these books is that the writing is very tongue-in-cheek. Critter describes everything in the most positive way, yet the pictures tell the real story. I loved Cindy's deduction about this picture. She said, "Ha, ha, that dog is running away because Critter is being too immodest in the bathtub." I guess she has been listening to me from time to time :)

No comments: