Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Desperately Seeking Motivation

Sad to admit, but I am now officially a procrastinator. Especially with projects around my house. They just never seem to get done. I wasn't always like this, though. I mean, in High School, when I had deadlines and the threat of a bad grade looming over me, I was very efficient. I couldn't stand doing homework or writing paper on the night before it was due. I liked to have a good two-day buffer. As a Mom, however, there aren't any real consequences for procrastination most of the time. I mean, if I forget to fold the laundry in the dryer for a few days or never get around to putting a new handle on the shed door, what's the worst that can happen? My kids are wrinkly and a homeless man may be living in my backyard. Big deal. And besides, what are they gonna do? Fire me? Anyway, as I came to the realization that having completed 30 New Experiences in 12 months made my life not only fun, but incredibly productive, I have decided on a new challange to share with all of you. It is simply called "30 Projects in 30 Days". I have compiled a list of all those little annoying house tasks that need to be done around my home. I have actually come up with more than 30, but for the next 30 days, I am going to pick out 30 and complete them. I will of course show you my handy work, but I will be posting the write-up in poem form each day, with the added promise of a ridiculous visual now and then, just to keep things interesting (which is actually the part I am most excited about). I am allowed to do more than one project per day or skip a week entirely if I want, just as long as I get 30 done in 30 days. On your mark, get set, read number 1....


Project #1- Clean off my kitchen counter

This ledge was a catch all for clutter.
When I saw it, I heard myself mutter
"Oh, woe is me! The counter I can't see!"
Ahhh, now it's clean and my heart's all a flutter :)



(pay no attention to the table and ironing board in the background. I am choosing my battles wisely for now....)

4 comments:

Fallaws said...

If I zoom in on the table will all the stuff from the counter be there? Can you do 30 projects in 30 days at my house too?

Karin said...

Lovely limerick!

Amy said...

I like this idea. I think I will join you. So, for today, I choose... the backside of the tilets.

Kt said...

Another inspiring idea! I totally need to do this. Badly.