Monday, February 15, 2010

To Tri or Not to Tri?

Okay, the answer to that is not to Tri. After much consideration, mostly about the Ice Age-like weather that Florida is experiencing as of late and about the current temperature of non-heated pools, I have decided to not do the Triathlon in Bartow next month. $60 is a lot of money to pay for a miserable experience. I mean, I can have that for free just by helping Cindy with her writing homework or trying to potty train Luke. So goodbye sidebar countdown clock. I will see you soon.

Anyway, I'm still scouting around for more local 5k races and other triathlons I can do later this summer. One step at a time :) On a side note, I am quite the prognosticator! If you will kindly draw your attention to the "most interesting" thing I posted for my last run (over there to the left somewhere), it was the fact that I was running a 5k this past Saturday and to stay tuned for pictures of my friend, Michelle, winning a medal. Well, here ya go:



I wasn't whistling dixie, people! She is awesome. I didn't medal, hard to do with speed demons like Michelle in my age group now, but I did run a good time of 26:20. Which, I will accept graciously because I had to run in mid-40 degree temps, in yoga PANTS, a JACKET, and GLOVES- which is some sort of crime against humanity in Florida. Seriously, if I still lived in Utah I would weigh 400 pounds because there is just no way of exercising when it is cold. I am shivering at the mere memory of that race. Brrrrrr.....


P.S. Happy Valentine's Day! Jacob and I don't celebrate this Holiday (I could knock you over with a feather right now, right?) but I at least made the kids some heart pancakes this morning. ♥ Luke is a fan.

1 comment:

Linnley Marie said...

It's mid 40s today and everyone is acting like its summer, I've seen more people out running and biking today than in the last few days. :) living the cold life of utah