Saturday, February 6, 2010

Potpourri for $400, Alex

Observations, backblogging, pictures I need to share, whatever....

1. Several weeks ago it was my niece's Baptism. And out of all the tons of people in the whole wide world she could have asked to speak at her baptism, she chose ME! I was simultaneously stunned and honored :) I adore Sadie. She is a wonderful girl who is bright, responsible, kind and fun. And now she is the big 8! Time is flying by...



2. It was also my new nephew Wyatt's blessing the following day. (He is actually Sadie and sister Ana's new little brother) He is too cute! The little outlaw, as we lovingly refer to him.
















3. My banana palms all bit the dust with the hard freeze we had in Florida a month ago. Sniffle, sniffle..... I'll be digging those out this week!






4. Normally Luke freaks out when he gets a haircut. But his last haircut he was doing his best to hold it together when the hair was falling on his shoulders. Bless his hairy little heart!



5. A few weeks ago I learned from my friend Karin that the "e" in the title of our local e-library, stands for express, not electronic. I have been three times since learning that. Thanks to Karin for enlightening me :)

6. This was a picture the kids took with their cousins back when it was Uncle Brian's homecoming talk at church. I love that Luke finally got in on the silly-faced action.


7. Back at the annual white elephant gift Christmas party I went to in December, this is what happened...

I took this:
7 pounds of pork and beans.


I ended up with THIS:

Buddha-Frog. Brought to the party by....my OWN PARENTS! I can't believe I picked their gift. That makes two years in a row!!

8. A Cindy Quickie...

The other night Cindy was up way late. She said her stomach hurt, but I was skeptical. She was still awake when I went to bed at about 11. Before I went to bed, she begged me to give her a banana because she was starving- perhaps the real source of her stomachache. I conceded and gave it her and went to bed. Fast forward to the next morning: While she was at school, I went in her room and in her bed I see this disgusting stuff in the middle of her sheets. I knew she said her stomach was hurting but if she actually did throw up or something I would have felt really bad. Anyway, I washed the sheets and went on with my day. I went to pick her up from school and when she got in the car I asked her about the nasty stuff in her bed. She said, "Ohhhhh, that was from when I fell asleep eating my banana last night. I was soo tired and when I woke up later it was all nasty everywhere."

9. I got out the cheese the other night while making meatloaf. I will give you one guess as to who was the culprit concerning this:



Why can't Jacob just use a knife? Kidding! It was my cheese-loving daughter who has no business using a knife, so I guess in her mind she was just being beacon of safety.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry the buzz cut freaks him out. For some odd reason, all my kids laugh cause it tickles. Although, my two oldest now want long hair(i.e. not buzzed).