Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Pursuit of Happiness

Another year has gone by already, and since it is a few weeks into December that must mean it is time for me to take Cindy to Disney World again :) Last year when I took her I promised myself that we were completely on her timetable. Whatever she wanted to do was the order of the day- which worked famously, so same rules applied this time around. I did find two Princess shows that I thought might interest her over at Disney MGM (or Hollywood Studios as it is now called) but I could tell deep down she just wanted to go back to the Magic Kingdom and see Cinderella's castle. We were finishing up the Beauty and the Beast stage show and she said to me, "Mom, I need to go the castle at Disney. Because I know that we are at Disney, but I just don't feel like I am." So young, so accurate. Anyway, we did start at MGM for a few hours and then headed over to Magic Kingdom for the rest of our day. The weather was much warmer this year- mid 80's and all the Northerners were blatantly overdressed. (jeans? are you kidding me?) But when you walk down Main Street at the entrance of the park and you have ample elbow room, you know it's a light attendance day at Disney. We only rode three total rides at Magic Kingdom- (I told you we only did what she wanted!) and the longest we waited was 10 minutes. It was fantastic! This year mom clued into the fact that there is an actual place that allows you to wait in line and meet 3 of the Princesses. What planet was I on last year? Add meeting Princesses AND Pixie Hollow Fairies to our agenda and the day became flat-out AWESOME. Here's how it went down...

Never ask a "MAN" to take Cindy's picture. She was not thrilled with my choice of impromptu photogs

"Man" leaves= Happy Cindy











After Beauty and the Beast and Voyage of the Little Mermaid, we were off to Magic Kingdom! Cindy approved :)


Some teacup action. One of about 7 times we rode this ride.



Hands-down, Cindy's favorite ride; Cinderella's Carousel. Last year we learned that one of them is actually Cinderella's horse, and we know this because of the gold ribbon in its tail. We tried to get to ride that one last year, but I don't remember having much luck. This year....

SCORE!


And how many times in a row did we get to ride it????



Seriously, Cindy could move in and make herself a little home on this ride. She absolutely loves it!

Next Up: Princess Overload!!!

Ariel

WE FINALLY GOT TO MEET SLEEPING BEAUTY!!!

Hugs to Cinderella

The lovely Belle

We saw Snow White in the afternoon parade


Can I top that? How about Fairies??





Silvermist, Tinkerbell and Rosetta

By the way, the girl who was Tinkerbell was really, really good. Totally reminded me of the Tinkerbell movie...



By the end of the night we felt like pioneer children that walked and walked and walked and walked. But we were happy! Cindy did marvelous. I couldn't even really convince her to get a souvenir. All said we only spent money on parking ($14!!) and two ice cream cones ($40) Just kidding! No, it was only $6 for two chocloate cones- I could handle that :) The rest of our snacks and food were in my handy dandy backpack, so we were good to go. Of course the highlight of the night was the lighting of the castle and the fireworks display. We didn't get to see fireworks last year and they really were quite fantastic. Disney just does things right.

Cindy insisted on taking the picture of the castle herself, so here ya go:



I am pretty sure the best way to tell if you had fun somewhere is how tired you feel afterwards. Safe to say, Cindy's day ROCKED!



And mine was apparently the absolute most funnest, fantastic, amazing day ever- which roughly translated means that when I got home I felt like I got hit by a train. But well worth it :)

2 comments:

Karin said...

You are such a cool mom!! Glad you had an awesome day!!

Amy said...

I wish with all my heart that I could do that again with Avalon!!