Friday, December 11, 2009

Elder Bingham Returns!



Also known as: Experience #19- Pull off a really good prank

Okay, just to give you some background...I had emailed my brother Brian about a month ago and decided that when we picked him up at the airport after he returned from his LDS Mission to Bilbao, Spain, that we needed to do something wacky to trick my Mom. So we came up with the disguise idea. He would get a mustache, glasses, etc. and the whole point would be to see if we could get him past my Mom at the airport without her knowing it was him. The plan was all set, but not really knowing the layout of the airport or what gate he would come through, I figured it could be a long shot to get Brian past my Mom's eagle eyes. But, I think even Heavenly Father thought this was a good joke, because things could not have worked out better! We actually tricked my Mom twice that night. The first time was with my brother Dave, who drove down from Tallahassee that evening. He surprised my Mom by being at the airport. She had no idea he was going to be there. (I finally at least had to let my Dad in on the secret 5 minutes prior so we could find Dave by paging him on the white telephone. Dad couldn't use Dave's real name or it would spoil the surprise, so Dad paged "Thomas Monson" to Terminal B and it worked like a charm...) Anyway, Dave was actually waiting at the correct terminal so he came up from behind my Mom and it was perfect :)



So when Dave arrived, he clued us in to the fact that we were all standing and waiting at the wrong terminal. Little did I know that waiting at the wrong terminal was the key to the success of the entire night. How fortunate for me! So then we all made our way to Terminal A, which was directly behind us. There was a long hallway with two people movers (each going in opposite directions) that led us there. Anyway, here is the video of us walking down there and how it all transpired. Hope you can see it okay- my camera skills are so lame, but you have to understand that I was totally freaking out during this whole thing because the plan was actually WORKING!! Anyway.... here it is: (and if you are wondering who the kid with dark hair and glasses is, it is Brian's best friend Joe Cruz (and also his girlfriend, who is a friend of Brian as well.)




So there you have it! Brian's return was awesome! And not just because we punk'd my Mom pretty good, but because we really did miss Brian and it will be so fun to have him around again- at least here in Florida for 17 days before he heads out to BYU. And never fear Mom, here are the still pics from the night- they are GREAT!

Welcome Home Bri!

The disguise

You are gonna get it, mister!

She can't actually be mad at Brian for long :)


Our posse

GO TEAM! Thanks, Brian, we rocked Mom's world. Although, you look like you don't know me in this picture...

Post airport Taco Bell stop. Favorite quote of the night: "Seriously, I can't find anything Brian-size in Spain." --said by Brian after we laughed at him for freaking out at the giant size of his fountain drink cup

2 comments:

The Nelson's said...

LOVE IT!! That was awesome! Your Mom should have known..LOL...she's lived with all you joksters for many years!! LOL I cannot believe he's already home...seems like he just left!

Unknown said...

That was hilarious!! What was that, like quadruple take looking at him. If he wasn't Brian, he would defiantely think your mom was wacky lol. I have to agree, your mother probably wouldn't have felt loved if you hadn't have tried something.