Saturday, December 19, 2009

Guess Who!

I realized that during my blogging last Christmas I neglected to mention one of my family's never-fail Christmas traditions. I was over at my mom's house the other day helping to wrap gifts and I remembered that in our family we always correctly address each gift that is wrapped, but we have total free reign to make up anything we want when it comes to who the gift is from. Thus, it is always such a joy on Christmas day to watch my mom announce that she is going to open a present from Jesse Ventura, or that my dad got a gift from UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon. I think over the years I have gotten presents from everyone from Paul McCartney, Wonder Woman and Jeb Bush to Boss Hogg and James Van der Beek. Yup, at the Bingham's house, you just never know who is thinking of you at Christmastime.

1 comment:

Amy said...

That rocks! Didn't you and Jen do that for my 22nd birthday all those years ago? I remember getting happy birthday wishes from Aretha Franklin and Tony Bennet. :)