Thursday, January 22, 2009

Word to your Mother

The other day I was telling Jacob some of my favorite words. You know, the ones you like to say because you like the way they sound or the way they come off your tongue? So here are some of my favorite words: (meaning has absolutely no bearing, because quite honestly, I don't know what some of these mean)

1. Impervious
2. Brisket
3. Reciprocity
4. Chicanery
5. Reiterate
6. Ne'er-do-well
7. Expunge
8. Sycophant
9. Hamburglar
10. Flautist
11. Chihuahua
12. Barnacle
13. Hobgoblin
14. Festoon
15. Serendipity
16. Calypso
17. Jugular
18. Viva
19. Spritzer
20. Astrometrics


Do you see any of your favorite words on there? If you do, I am happy to be your homodoxian. (Geez! Get your mind out of the gutter! It means 'someone who feels the same way as you do' :)

2 comments:

Chris said...

Personally, I'm a big fan of ambiguous, arbitrary, convoluted, asinine, auxiliary, proxy, vicariously, regardless (not irregardless, which some people need to stop saying because it's not a word), mojito (I've never had one), and philanges. Whew! (and yes, I did need to make a few inputs on dictionary.com to make sure I spelled those correctly.)

Jen said...

I'm seeing these all together on a t-shirt.

perfect.

as for me - i never get tired of saying SALSA.