Thursday, January 29, 2009

How have I never heard of this?

I had to go to the eye doctor this week because I was getting some sort of infection in my eyes. I had a real bad infection about 5 years ago (cold sore virus in the eyes) and I was pretty sure that it was coming back. However, much to my surprise, it was not the same thing I had before. The doc just told me to not wear my contacts for a few days (arghhh!! I HATE wearing glasses. And I like to talk like a pirate, apparently...) AND he gave me a new cleaning solution and case- a kind that was like nothing I had seen before. Maybe all you contact wearers out there have heard of this, but I never had. It is a cleaning solution made of 3% hydrogen peroxide. (Yes, you read that correctly) and then the case you use is like an upright mini contact lens dishwasher. Anyway, as the bottle and box clearly SCREAM at you, you are never to use this special solution directly in your eye or directly on your contacts before you put them in!!!! The lenses have to soak in the stuff for 6 hours in order for the solution to be neutralized and then safe to put in your eyes. Anyway, I put the contacts in there tonight for the first time and just as the doctor said, the stuff started bubbling and foaming like some sort of eye Polident! It is still going strong right now and by morning the lenses will be squeaky clean! Who knew? I just read some online reviews and almost all of them are glowing. So maybe this solves my contact lens issues (how they are uncomfortable, I hate taking them out, they stick to my eyes like atomic saran wrap, etc.) As always, you will be the first to know how the old eyeballs take to them in the morning.

No comments: