Thursday, January 1, 2009

It's 2009, baby!

First of all, Happy New Year!! Can you believe it is 2009 already? Time is absolutely flying! I barely made it to midnight last night. Jacob was out DJing a party, so by 9:30pm the kids were in bed and I was on the couch trying to stay up to see all of "Singing in the Rain" (the best musical, ever). I tried to send Jacob a Happy New Year's text at midnight, but I think about a million other people had the same idea and all of Verizon's circuits were jammed. So after trying about 5 times to send the text, I gave up and fell asleep. I think it must have been the spirit of the kids at our stake's pioneer trek that took over my body and made me totally exhausted. It was like being under a spell. And then this morning I slept til 10 o'clock, which is unheard of! I can't honestly remember the last time I slept that late- at least not without the involvement of some sort of pharmaceuticals...

Anyway, I have been working on setting goals for this year. This IS the year I turn, dare I say it? Thirty. Ouch, that hurt a little. So I am trying to take a look at my life and realize how I am doing for a thirty year old. (still hurts) I realize that if I share some of my goals for 2009 then I might be a little more accountable for them- and I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing :> But I promise I will share at least a few of them with you as the year goes on. (Because I am sure you will all be absoultely riveted by my adventure of learning how to make french toast that doesn't taste horrible. When I set goals I don't screw around, okay?)

AND, as promised, here is the group photo from our silly string fight on Christmas Day. My sister-in-law Molly is the one taking the picture, so she is missing. But she was there! And Ana was around somewhere too. And WOW, does Jacob seriously not look like he is about to kill a man with his bare hands? Oh my gosh, if looks could kill! (That is kinda why I married him, though...)

No comments: