Saturday, October 5, 2013

Danger Zone

Just thought I would take a moment to tell you about my run three nights ago. I was almost finished when I ran by a house with its garage door open and a giant dog ran out at me so fast that I thought he had been shot out of a cannon.  He missed directly sweeping my legs by mere inches and I screamed and did the most amazing jump/caught-in-a-spiderweb ninja combination the world has ever seen.  The owner, who did come out to yell at the dog, must have been highly amused.  I just kept running and tried to get my heart rate back down to a reasonable 190 bpm.  THEN, as I rounded the corner to head up the hill, I was almost run over by a girl pulling out of her driveway while talking on the phone.  Hey, I'm running here! But for only that one night.  Because I'm pretty sure I won't be running that life-threatening route again any time soon.

No comments: